Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wake me up when September ends…

Seven years has gone so fast.  Wake me up, when September ends. Here comes the rain again, falling from the stars; drenched in my pain again, becoming who we are. As my memory rests, but never forgets what I lost… wake me up, when September ends….

I can’t believe 7 years ago this past Saturday you lost your ever so courageous battle with cancer. So much has happened over time, but there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you.  Memories of us growing up together still fill my heart with joy and laughter.  I know you are looking down or maybe up (LOL!) and watching over us.  I can hear your footsteps in the morning, well I used too…we moved dude, come on over already.  I wish you could meet my son; I know you would be proud so of him. He is such a happy busy boy. He works so hard every day to just exist in this world and he reminds me of you sometimes especially when things that come easy for some people that are not so easy for him.  He strives for our acceptance and praise when he accomplishes anything.  He laughs at the same things we did as kids, poop and farts.  Teehheee…  You were right when you told me about your children, he is truly the best thing I have ever done with my life. I love and miss you so much my little big brother.

P.S.  Cancer still sucks…

No comments:

Post a Comment